This is a photo from out trip to Kentucky last fall. We’re planning another visit next month and looking at our old photos has me so excited
Tues – Back & biceps.
Wed – 30 minutes of light elliptical intervals.
Thurs – 30 minutes of light elliptical intervals.
1) Roasted acorn squash, rubbed with coconut oil, and topped with a smear of PB. The best antidote for surviving winter.
2) It turns out we had some more avocado hiding in the fridge! Don’t you love when you find a surprise avocado? It’s like having a surprise birthday party. Also, roasted brussels sprouts and soy sauce chicken.
I may have already mentioned this, but our Trader Joe’s recently started carrying brussels sprouts in their freezer section and it’s so wonderful. We like to panfry them in a cast iron skillet with a little oil, until the outside gets a little crispy.
3) We started liquidating our coupon cache (it’s the worst when those suckers expire behind your back!) and found these wonderful treasures.
I think Starbucks is pretty overpriced and don’t really drink it much, so this was a fun adventure. It turns out that the “Blonde Roast” is hot water poured over the grounds to order. I guess it is supposed to be less aggressive and, thus, smoother than machine brewing.
My husband happens to know tons about different ways of brewing coffee and if you guys are interested, I could try to strong-arm him into doing a guest post.
I recently purchased this food scale off Amazon. I wanted some help with portioning and I was so damn tired of washing a million measuring cups each time I prepared a meal. Also, it turned out that I had no idea what a serving of chicken looks like.
I have used it for about a month now and wanted to share.
+ It’s reasonably priced. Also, if you order off Amazon, the $25 price tag is enough to snag free shipping.
+ It’s simple. It tares and changes units; I don’t need anything else.
+ It has four different units (gram, ounce, pound, kilogram). It’s nice to just plop 4 ounces of chicken and 28 grams of peanut butter straight into my bowl, instead of measuring 2 tablespoons and badly estimating the chicken.
- Something made the ink rub off the buttons. Fortunately, there are only two, so I still know which is which.
- The shiny plate looks dirty almost immediately.
- I haven’t encountered this myself, but other reviewers mentioned food gunking up the buttons.
Do you use a food scale?
Want to learn tons (and tons) about brewing coffee?