Hello! Happy Monday!
Fri – Stage 3 of the New Rules of Lifting for Women (full-body strength training).
Sat – Hiking in a local park.
Sun – Rest.
I had a little bit of extra exercise on the side – dog walking! A friend of mine went out of town and I cared for her terrier over the weekend.
However, as you can see the from the photos, he wasn’t really the most active little guy
Fri – Over by 62 calories, macros 45 carb / 20 protein / 25 fat.
Sat & Sun – Break from counting.
Plan – Resume counting today.
1) Ginger cookies. I honestly can’t remember which recipe I used, but I’d like to try this one next time.
I do remember that I cut the sugar a little too drastically and they ended up tasting a little floury. Win some, lose some.
2) Weekend breakfast – over easy egg, baby spinach, Tofurky sausage, coffee and pancakes.
For some reason, I made shitty pancakes for a shamefully long time. I never bothered to look up a recipe and just sorta winged it. What a terrible thing! Now I follow this amazing recipe and our pancakes are about one million times better.
Choose your own adventure! Here is the scenario:
1) You are offered two free tickets to a dance performance of your choice. You accept and select a show that seems really upbeat and dynamic – “Private Places.”
2) You later receive a confirmation email warning that there will be audience participation, sexually explicit content, full-frontal nudity, and almonds (seriously).
3) You walk to the theatre and receive a program that has a letter on it – you realize the audience will be broken into groups.
4) There seem to be about 15-20 other audience members. Chances of hiding in the background seem slim. Chances of participating seem likely.
What would you do – stay or go?
I went home! Is that terrible? I am not the performing type and any sort of audience participation really makes me uncomfortable.